Scenic City on the Silk Road--Travel + Theme Park
Announcement on International Competition of Brand Image Design
Sponsored by: Shaanxi Travel Group Co., Ltd.
Undertaken by: Xixian New Area Silk Road Culture Tourism Development Co., Ltd.
Supported by: Hua Shang Daily and www.hsw.cn
II. Theme of the competition
“丝绸之路风情城——旅行+主题乐园Travel + Theme Park”品牌形象设计国际竞赛
International Competition of Brand Image Design of "Scenic City on the Silk Road--Travel + Theme Park"
III. Purpose of the competition
It is targeted to raise the world's attention to the Silk Road culture and achieve further promotion of the connotation of the project brand through the design competition of the project identification system around the world and multi-channel and extensive advertisement.
IV. Background of the competition
1. Company profile
Founded in May 2015, Xixian New Area Silk Road Culture Tourism Development Co., Ltd. has registered capital of RMB 1 billion, 66% and 34% of which are contributed by Shaanxi Travel Group and Fengxi New City respectively. The company is mainly specialized in development and construction of the Scenic City on the Silk Road, takes on the important historical mission of carrying out "The Belt and Road" national policy by Shaanxi Travel Group and shoulders the grand development target of making the sector of "king-shaped (王in Chinese)" cultural tourism industry layout of Shaanxi Travel Group in Central Shaanxi Plain bigger and stronger.
2. Project profile
旅行+主题乐园“Travel + Theme Park”（原丝路风情园）是陕西省三十二个重大文化项目之一的“丝绸之路风情城”核心项目，位于咸阳市区南部，沣西新城内，距周边大型交通中心均在一小时车程内。项目占地548亩，北临天元路，南接红光路，西靠兴科，东接沣渭大道。
As the core project of "Scenic City on the Silk Road", one of the 32 major culture projects in Shaanxi, Travel + Theme Park is located in southern Xianyang and in Fengxi New City and is one-hour's drive away from large traffic centers around. Covering an area of 548mu, the project is adjacent to Tianyuan Road in the north, Hongguang Road in the south, Xingke in the west and Fengwei Avenue in the east.
Based on the grand strategy of "The Belt and Road" and the great significance of Chinese culture tapped, efforts will be made, relying on the superior regional advantages, to develop a unique travel project by taking the origin of the Silk Road as the starting point, gathering important nodes along the Continental Silk Road and Maritime Silk Road, employing diversified architectural styles and gorgeous and magnificent regional landscapes as well as abundant themes, and also integrating "tourism performing art, film and television themes, China's ancient fairy gardens and interactive experience family travel" so as to increase the number of scarce amusements parks in Shaanxi and even in the northwest China.
In ingenious land-water combined spatial structure construction techniques, six theme recreation areas, including East Asia-A Dream to the Orient, Central Asia-A Mysterious Journey to Loulan, West Asia-Fairy Tale World, Europe-The Jungle Book, India-Great Imagination and Entrance Service Area, will be created. Moreover, more than 30 characteristic amusement projects will be developed, such as Xuanzang Tower, Travel to the Mountain of Flames and Beautiful Chang'an City. At the same time, taking such large series live-action performances as The Travels of Marco Polo to the East as the core project, efforts will be made to create China's first cultural performance theme park and culture experience center of the Silk Road. The four theme tour lines to be rendered include "Family Mobilization", "Parent-Children Tour", "Youth Tour" and "Romance Tour".
The project is expected to have RMB 3 billion of investment, fully commenced in November 2017 and put into service in June 2019.
After the completion of the project, a great amount of job opportunities will be created and powerful driving force generated for the improvement of urban leisure functions and construction of new key city of grand Xi'an. Meanwhile, the cultural connotation and superiorities of Xi'an as the starting point of the Silk Road will be fully demonstrated so as to facilitate the optimized development of the tourism industry of Xi'an and even Shaanxi Province.
V. Participating objects
The competition is open to designers engaged in the design field of or the relevant products, teachers and students from colleges and universities, enterprises' designers and design amateurs.
VI. Requirements for works
(I) Project name
项目英文名“Travel + Theme Park”+标识图形（中文名不做体现）
English name "Travel + Theme Park"+mlabel graphics (Chinese name is not required)
(II) Design contents
1. Project label and creative description of the label
2. The participants are required to provide at least two sets of design schemes.
(III) Design requirements
1. 旅行+主题乐园“Travel + Theme Park”作为“丝绸之路风情城”项目下属主题公园板块，在标志的设计上，要求既能体现项目独立性以及自身特色，又能体现项目作为单独板块与主体项目之间的紧密关联；
1. The Travel + Theme Park is a theme park under the project of "Scenic City on the Silk Road". The label of the project is required to represent the independence and features of the project and also embody the close correlation between the project and the main project.
2. Following the people-oriented design ideology, the design principle of innovation, culture and art should be fully reflected.
3. In addition, all works are required to be creative, unique, understandable, readable, catchy and identifiable.
4. Participating works must be original ones of the participants without counterfeit and infringement to other's intellectual properties, have not been released and exposed in other competitions.
5. The resolution of the electronic copy of the works shall not be inferior to 300dpi(pixels per inch) and in JPG or TIF format and vector diagram should also be rendered (in AI or CDR format).
VII. Awards setting
One grand prix: RMB 30,000 bonus+ gift pack of tourism tickets
One best characteristic culture award: RMB 10,000 bonus+ gift pack of tourism tickets
One best creative design award: RMB 5,000 bonus+gift pack of tourism tickets
Five participating awards: honor certificate+gift pack of tourism tickets;
Honor certificate and medal will be awarded at the same time.
VIII. Time for submission
•Time for submission: from June 21, 2017 to July 5, 2017
•E-mail for submission: email@example.com
Mailing address: F7, No.9 Builing, Economic Park, Head Office of Administration Committee, Fengxi New City of Xixian New Area
1. Cultural characteristics
IX. Review criteria
•Embody project characteristics with cultural connotation of the Silk Road;
2. Creative design
•The design is creative and unique;
•Conform to the modern fashion trend;
•Be creative in such elements as style and color assortment;
3. Commercial value
•Have market potential;
X. Review committee
1. Date: from July 6, 2017 to July 11, 2017
2. Address: Tang Dynasty Xi'an
3. Event form: PPT presentation
4. The review committee will be composed of relevant experts to review the participating works and make public the result.
1. The organization committee of the competition reserves the exhibition, publication and advertising rights of all participating works. Any other units and individuals shall not advertise, publish and display the design scheme of the award-winning works of the competition and not transfer such to any other third party, or else those in question shall be held accountable therefor by the organization committee. The participants shall not use the award-winning works in any other exhibition and competition, or else those in question shall be held accountable therefor by the organization committee.
2. Xixian New Area Silk Road Culture Tourism Development Co., Ltd. will sign a VI design contract on the Travel + Theme Park with the one winning the first prize in this competition.
3. The participating works shall be original. In case of disputes over intellectual properties and copyrights incurred by plagiarizing other's works and stealing trade secrets, the participants shall assume the liability therefor on his own and the organization committee shall be entitled to cancel the eligibility thereof and reclaim the relevant awards.
Xixian New Area Silk Road Culture Tourism Development Co., Ltd.
June 21, 2017